The renovated building will transform the UTS Experience
Designed by our own Don Schmitt '70 and Birgit Siber of Diamond Schmitt Architects, the renewed UTS will also strive to be sustainable and energy efficient. Highlights include:
· 33% increase, from 90,000 sq. ft. to 120,000 sq. ft.
· Refashioned Huron Street entrance with an urban plaza
· Restoration of our heritage-protected façade
· Visual arts studios and a suite of music rooms
· Four science labs, a media lab and a creativity/design centre
· Black box theatre
· Double gym, cardio/weight room and athletic therapy room
· 700-seat auditorium
· Sky-lit indoor atrium—the heart of the school.
Our home away from home
To maximize the safety of our students and minimize the disruption during the construction process, UTS will be moving temporarily to 30 Humbert Street.
For more updates about this move and what it means for students, click here.