Tuition and Bursary Support for UTS Applicants
UTS has one of the largest bursary support programs among independent schools in Canada. Last year, $2 million was awarded to 14 percent of students, covering between five percent to 100 percent of tuition.
Please note figures and dates listed here are for families applying for the 2024-25 school year unless otherwise stated.
We welcome all students who are passionate and love learning to apply to UTS
When admissions applications open, families may request a fee waiver to cover the costs of applying to UTS.
The bursary support process is entirely separate from the admissions process. Bursary applications do not impact admissions decisions. Bursary applications open in December after the close of admissions applications.
Application Process Fee
- $180 CAD
This covers the cost of the application itself and the required UTS Entrance Test.
Enrolment Process Fees
2024-25 One-Time Enrolment Fee
2024-25 Tuition Fees
- The tuition fee includes the student activity fee, course fees and fees for outdoor experiential education trips.
- Additional costs may include textbooks, optional course-related international travel opportunities, and optional specialty sports equipment costs. Prices are subject to change. Payment installment options are available.
For inquiries about tuition payments, please contact Controller Justin Williams at [email protected] or 416.978.0969.
Bursary Support for Applicants
We welcome all students from all backgrounds who love learning to apply to UTS, and we admit qualified students regardless of financial circumstances. Socio-economic diversity is supported through this program. We are proud of our financial assistance programs, which is one of the largest among independent schools in Canada.
- Bursary support application but be submitted to Apple Financial Services by January 12, 2024
- Bursary support decisions will be emailed to new students (with offer of admission) on February 23, 2024
Click here to begin your bursary support application with Apple Financial Services
UTS partners with Apple Financial Services to process bursary support requests. In complete confidentiality, Apple Financial Services closely reviews all financial details and provides an analysis of a family’s ability to contribute toward educational expenses. It then submits its recommendations to UTS. These recommendations include a recommendation with respect to the amount of financial award.
- Financial assistance bursaries are based exclusively on need as determined by a confidential review of a family’s financial details by Apple Financial Services.
- Families are required to provide full financial disclosure, including a Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment. Incomplete documentation may result in withdrawal of assistance.
- All families requiring financial assistance must apply annually and students receiving financial assistance must remain in good standing throughout their time at UTS. Returning bursary students receive at least the same bursary support compared to the prior year, given a similar financial situation.
Applying for financial assistance does not impact your application to UTS. The admission decisions and the financial assistance decisions are made independently.
- UTS requires that all published deadlines be met by the bursary applicant.
- If there are two parents involved with the student, Apple Financial will require documentation from both. If only one parent is submitting an application for financial assistance, please contact [email protected].
University of Toronto Schools:
- Is committed to accessibility for all students who are admitted to UTS.
- Recognizes the financial constraints upon those who qualify.
- Will allocate available funds using a process that is consistent, equitable and strives to match available funds to need as closely as practical each year.
- Will aim to increase available bursary funds commensurate with the increase in tuition.
- Will draw bursary funds from the UTS Foundation and the “top up” funds raised through annual giving.
- Engages Apple Financial Services to provide analysis and recommend financial assistance; the UTS Bursary Committee places significant reliance on the recommendations made by Apple Financial, however, the Committee makes all decisions about the actual amounts of assistance offered.
- Requests each family offer to pay as large a portion of tuition as they are genuinely able to.
- Ensures that applications for financial assistance are reviewed and evaluated independently from admission applications.
- Is committed to the assessment of financial need based on three categories of criteria:
- Primary criteria (includes income and net worth).
- Secondary criteria (includes number of children, childcare costs, other UTS students and dependents).
- Tertiary criteria (includes vacation, camps, lessons, sports/arts (recognize international competitors as a special category), transport to school, age and type of work performed by parents, and discretionary spending).
- Will grant bursaries ranging from 5% of tuition fee to full bursary support, including the enrolment fee for new students.
I found mentors in my teachers, students and alumni from UTS – people who took me under their wing and I truly felt like I was part of a community that would lift me up. It didn't really matter where I came from.UTS Student and Bursary Recipient
I absolutely would not have been able to go to UTS without the bursary program. It opened a lot of doors. It means a lot for me to be able to give back to the community.UTS Student and Bursary Recipient
I feel as if I have grown up here... I wouldn’t be who I am today without my experiences here. All this was possible (and continues to be possible) because of the generosity of people like you.UTS Student and Bursary Recipient
We are excited to get to know you better and share what our school has to offer you. Get in touch with us at [email protected] or 416.946.7995 today.