Ways to Give

There are many ways to make your gift to UTS.

Make your gift today!


Make a gift online for a one-time gift or a monthly gift. 


In Person

Visit us in the Office of Advancement at:

371 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON
Room 250


By Phone

Make a gift over the phone using your credit card.

Call 416.978.3919

By Mail

Cheques made payable to University of Toronto Schools can be sent to:

UTS Office of Advancement, University of Toronto Schools
250-371 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 2R7

Through the University of Toronto

You may make your gift to UTS through the University of Toronto. 

Securities and Employment Stock Options

Shares, bonds, bills, warrants and/or futures traded in Canadian, American or major international exchanges can be donated to UTS.

Mutual Funds

Mutual funds can be donated to UTS through the University of Toronto. 

  • A tax receipt will be issued for the full appreciated value of the gift.
  • The receipt value will be based on the closing trading price on the day that the gift is received by the University of Toronto.

Please contact Carole Zamroutian at [email protected] or 416.946.5768.

Legacy Gifts

Legacy gifts, also known as planned or deferred gifts, allow you to make a commitment today to provide future support for the school and our high-achieving students.

  • These gifts give you the opportunity to plant a seed that will grow to make a difference in the lives of future generations of UTS students. With a legacy gift you can make a statement about how you want to be remembered.
  • In addition, legacy gifts provide convenience, tax savings and other benefits to you and your estate.

Learn more about legacy gifts options.

Gifts of Life Insurance
  • You can designate UTS as a beneficiary or co-beneficiary on an existing life insurance policy and your estate will receive a tax credit.
  • You may transfer a new life insurance policy to UTS and receive a tax receipt for your annual premiums.

Carole Zamroutian at [email protected] or 416.946.5768 would be happy to help you with the details.

Corporate Matching

Many employers match charitable contributions made by their employees. In addition, many companies will also match the donations of spouses, directors, retirees and widows.

  • Ask your Human Resources department if your company participates in a matching gift program.
  • When you send in a matching gift form along with your donation, you increase the impact of your gift to UTS.
Commemorative Giving

Many of our donors choose to honour a teacher, family member or other special people in their lives by making a commemorative gift.

  • When you make a gift in another person's name, the honouree is notified and, for gifts of $20 or more, you receive a charitable tax receipt.
  • More importantly, both you and your honouree can take pride in the fact that your support is helping UTS empower socially-responsible, equity-oriented global citizens who can make a difference to the world at large.
  • Add a note when making your donation to make a commemorative gift.

Gifts‐in‐kind include, but are not limited to, musical instruments, books, supplies and real estate.

  • In order for a tax receipt to be issued, UTS or the donor must be able to establish the fair market value of the gift. In some cases, an independent written appraisal may be required.
  • UTS reserves the right to refuse gifts that are not of benefit to UTS or gifts that UTS cannot preserve or display in an appropriate fashion, such as gifts of cultural property.
  • All gifts-in-kind must be arranged through the Office of Advancement. For more information, contact David Haisell in the Office of Advancement at [email protected] or 416.978.3919.
United Way

For those of you who give to United Way through your corporate programs or otherwise, please note that you can designate UTS as your charity of choice.

Be sure to let us know that you have made your gift at by contacting Carole Zamroutian at [email protected] or 416.946.5768 so we may recognize your donation.

International Donors - Residents of the United States

UTS alumni and their family members who are citizens or residents of the United States may donate directly to the University of Toronto for UTS and use the University of Toronto tax receipt for their U.S. income tax returns under the Canada-United States Income Tax Convention.

  • Online donations may be made at donate.utoronto.ca.
  • Cheques, payable to University of Toronto should be mailed to the UTS Office of Advancement.
 250-371 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M5S 2R7.
  • U of T also accepts gifts of securities for UTS. To arrange an in-kind gift of securities, the first step is to contact Carole Zamroutian at [email protected] or 416.946.5768.

American citizens or residents who are not alumni or related to alumni of the University of Toronto, as well as corporations, foundations, estates and trusts requiring a U.S. tax receipt for a charity located within the U.S., can contribute to UTS through The Associates of the University of Toronto, Inc., established in 1947 to facilitate donations. The Associates is a not-for-profit organization recognized under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, Section 501(c)(3). For more information on giving to U of T through the Associates, please call toll free 1.800.699.1736 or e-mail [email protected].

  • Stewardship: Donors will be stewarded by both the University of Toronto and UTS for gifts made through U of T or the Associates of the University of Toronto. Please note that the time for UTS to receive and acknowledge these gifts will be from two to six months. If you have any questions, please contact Carole Zamroutian, Associate Director, Advancement, at [email protected] or 416.946.5768.
International Donors - Residents of the United Kingdom

U.K. taxpayers can donate online through the U.K. Fund for Charities. Gifts of stock, securities and bequests can also be processed through the Fund.

  • Visit and select University of Toronto Schools from the options.
  • Donations to the U.K. Fund for Charities from U.K. taxpayers are tax deductible to the extent allowed by UK law. The U.K. Fund for Charities issues a tax receipt directly to you. Please remember to tick the "Gift Aid Box".
  • UTS will receive the grant from the U.K. Fund for Charities and will recognize you as the donor.

Questions? Contact us anytime. We’re here to help!


Related Stories