UTS students thrive inside and outside of the classroom. Academics are complemented by a vast roster of co-curriculars and clubs where students explore interests as diverse as robotics, entrepreneurship, mathematics, performing arts and more.
Vibrant co-curricular life
At UTS, students become leaders in their own right, champions of causes, and organizers of major events such as Southern Ontario Model United Nations and the Girls in Technology Conference. An equally robust Athletics Program features more than 30 competitive sports teams, plus plenty of opportunities for fun.
Over 100 different co-curricular activities are offered at UTS, including:
- Clubs that range from chemistry to film production, programming to political science, classics and more
- Publications such as the school newspapers and yearbook, and multilingual and logic puzzle publications
- Committees that drive change such as the Indigenous Solidarity Committee and Gender Equity Committee
- Performance groups like our multidisciplinary performance SHOW, Taiko drumming, choirs, and instrumental ensembles
- House, a decades-long tradition where students are sorted into one of our four houses (Althouse, Cody, Crawford and Lewis) and compete in athletic, academics and creative feats throughout the year
- Athletics from intramurals to elite competition
Many of these initiatives are led by students, with support and guidance from UTS staff. Students regularly launch new co-curriculars, so if there's something missing students can create their own.
- The CCR highlights student achievements in opportunities beyond the classroom at UTS including a brief description and the skills they developed.
- The CRR demonstrates the value for students of engaging in opportunities beyond the classroom, and helps students reflect on and articulate the skills they developed.
- This is an important record of all of a students' activities through their time at UTS which aids and simplifies applications for future education and professional opportunities.
Learn more about Student Life at UTS
Opportunities abound for students to connect with each other, empower themselves, and create impact on the world around them through our diverse array of Student Life activities.