You are here

Ways to Give

There are many ways to make your gift to UTS! In addition to the Annual Fund, consider making a tribute gift to a loved one, classmate or favourite teacher, become a monthly donor or make a planned gift.



Make a gift online for a one-time gift or a monthly gift. Click here to make your gift now.

Call 416-978-3919 to make a gift over the phone using your credit card.

Cheques made payable to "University of Toronto Schools" can be sent to: UTS Office of Advancement, University of Toronto Schools, 121-371 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 2R7

Visit us in the Office of Advancement, room 121.

Shares, bonds, bills, warrants, futures and/or units in mutual funds traded in Canadian, American or major international exchanges can be donated to UTS. Gifts of stocks and securities do not incur the capital gains tax. A tax receipt will be issued for the full appreciated value of the gift. The receipt value will be based on the closing trading price on the day that the gift is received by UTS. Click here to download the UTS Gift of Stocks & Securities transfer form.

Many employers match charitable contributions made by their employees. In addition, many companies will also match the donations of spouses, directors, retirees and widows. Ask your Human Resources department if your company participates in a matching gift program. When you send in a matching gift form along with your donation, you double your gift to UTS.

Non-monetary gifts‐in‐kind include, but are not limited to, musical instruments, books, supplies, and real estate. In order for a tax receipt to be issued, UTS or the donor must be able to establish the fair market value of the gift. In some cases, an independent written appraisal may be required. UTS reserves the right to refuse gifts that are not of benefit to UTS or gifts that UTS cannot preserve or display in an appropriate fashion, e.g. gifts of cultural property. All gifts-in-kind must be arranged through the Office of Advancement. For more information, contact May Prabu in the Office of Advancement at or 416-978-3919.

For those of you who give to United Way through your corporate programs or otherwise, please note that you can designate UTS as the designate charity. Be sure to let us know that you have made your gift at 416-946-5768 / so that we may recognize your donation.

Residents of the United States: UTS alumni and their family members who are citizens or residents of the United States may donate directly to the University of Toronto for UTS and use the University of Toronto tax receipt for their U.S. income tax returns under the Canada-United States Income Tax Convention. (Family member includes, spouse, children, grandchildren, parents and siblings.)

American citizens or residents who are not alumni or related to alumni of the University of Toronto, as well as corporations, foundations, estates and trusts requiring a U.S. tax receipt, can contribute to UTS through The Associates of the University of Toronto, Inc., established in 1947 to facilitate donations. The Associates is a not-for-profit organization recognized under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, Section 501(c)(3). For more information on giving to U of T through the Associates, please call toll free 1-800-699-1736 or e-mail

Residents of the United Kingdom: UK taxpayers can donate online through the UK Fund for Charities. Click on "Donate" at the top right of the menu bar. Donations to The UK Fund for Charities from UK taxpayers are tax deductible to the extent allowed by UK law. The UK Fund for Charities issues a tax receipt directly to you. Gifts of stock, securities and bequests can also be processed through the Fund.